Dr. John P. Rosa, opioid crisis expert, author and dynamic speaker writes about the urgent need for local and state governments to turn their attention to building back addiction treatment and outreach systems that were left unattended during the pandemic.
ROCKVILLE, MD. December 09, 2021: Dr. John Rosa, dynamic speaker, national opioid crises expert, and co-author of The Recipe for Success with Jack Canfield, posted a new blog on his website entitled, “New Highs In Drug Overdose Deaths Show Fentanyl Mixed With Other Drugs,” in which Dr. Rosa talks about this dangerous new wave in drug use.
“It’s being considered a new wave in the opioid epidemic,” writes Dr. Rosa explaining, “the use of fentanyl mixed with other drugs.” He continues, “No doubt the coronavirus pandemic has driven drug use up, but the overdose death toll is unprecedented. Over 100,000 dead this year alone, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.”
Dr. Rosa points out that, “According to nbcnews.com “The co-use of fentanyl and other drugs distinguishes this wave from the ones that came before it, which were characterized by the rowing use of prescription pain medications and the rise of heroin and fentanyl individually.” https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/-scary-overdose-deaths-driven-fentanyl-mixed-drugs-rcna6605
Read the entire blog at LINK HERE
About John P. Rosa
Dr. John Rosa owns and supervises Accessible Beltway Clinics, which is comprised of 17 clinics in Maryland and Virginia that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year. ABC Clinics combine medicine, chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and behavioral medicine to give a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to pain syndromes and musculoskeletal disorders. Active in sports medicine with consulting/treating athletes in several universities, NBA, MLB, NHL and USA Olympic Basketball. Creator of 24/7 RnR an FDA approved analgesic cream; a proprietary blend of the most potent materials resulting in the most effective product on the market for pain Relief and aiding Recovery. Founder of Accessible Wellness Solutions – an onsite corporate wellness program offering consulting, lectures and management of onsite clinics.
Leader in Chiropractic
Trustee of New York Chiropractic College for over 15 years serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board and given the honor or Board Emeritus post service. Awarded the highest recognitions in Chiropractic Medicine as Fellow of the American Chiropractic Colleges and Fellow of the International Chiropractic Colleges.
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
- Current Vice Chair of the Board to Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
- Reduced opioid prescriptions by 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
- Expert/Speaker – Educating medical community on the Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain
Opioid Crisis Expert:
- White House Surrogate
- Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA and Postal)
- State and National Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
- Corporate and professional organization consultant
- Best selling author
- Board member of the National Italian American Foundation
- Founder of “Overdose Free America” a nonprofit 501c which uses the power of celebrity and entertainment to bring the Opioid Crisis the visibility and support it deserves
- Volunteer at Crossroads Freedom Center – a residential facility in Maryland to help overcome addiction