Dr. John P. Rosa, opioid crisis expert, author and dynamic speaker shines the light on some of the questionable practices of the American Medical Association (AMA) in his quest to end widespread addiction, pain and suffering.
ROCKVILLE, MD. August 17, 2021: Dr. John Rosa, dynamic speaker, national opioid crises expert, and co-author of The Recipe for Success with Jack Canfield, posted a new article on his website entitled “What The AMA Endorses People Believe In,” in which Dr. Rosa brings to light unholy information about a “hallowed” institution.
Dr. Rosa states, “As I continue to share information about the American Medical Association (AMA) as reported in a very lengthy and thorough article on MotherJones.com, I want to reiterate that what most people think of as an institution concerned with the well-being of the American public could not be further from the truth.” He continues, “The AMA was the biggest supporter of the tobacco industry knowing for 30 years prior to the surgeon general’s warning, that smoking was a health hazard and addictive, all the way up until it became absolutely impossible for them to maintain that stance. Then they supported big pharma knowing how addictive and deadly opioids are when misused and abused until once again, it was morally impossible for them to support the industry.”
“As a chiropractor with a desire to end addiction and help ease pain and suffering through working with the body’s incredible healing potential,” Dr. Rosa writes, “I will continue my research into the various organizations that hold sway over politicians and the American public.” He emphasizes, “Especially those organizations and the industries they support that create and promote products that are harmful to our health.”
The Greatest Marketing Gimmick: The AMA “Seal Of Acceptance”
Rosa indicates that he considers the AMA “Seal of Acceptance” “the greatest marketing gimmick.” His explanation by way of MotherJones.com. “In its earliest days after its founding in 1847, the AMA reportedly “had just a few thousand members and a paltry budget for its first half-century of existence.” Rosa continues adding, “But that changed once the organization concocted a campaign offering their “Seal of Acceptance” to drugs, foods, and other items that met certain purity and transparency standards.” According to the MotherJones.com article, “Critics argued that the approval wasn’t based on particularly rigorous standards, but companies boasted about the AMA’s approval in JAMA (Journal of American Medical Association)
advertisements and in their promotion more broadly.” Apparently back in the early 1930’s, Land O’Lakes was granted the “Seal of Acceptance” even while they were facing federal charges “for selling adulterated butter and eggs.” But that seal cured their “paltry budget.” By1948, JAMA subscriptions and advertising were bringing in $4.9 million in revenue.
Read the entire article at LINK HERE
About John P. Rosa
Dr. John Rosa owns and supervises ABC Management, which is comprised of 21 integrative health clinics in Maryland and Virginia that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year. ABC Clinics combine medicine, chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and behavioral medicine to give a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to pain syndromes and musculoskeletal disorders. Active in sports medicine with consulting/treating athletes in several universities, NBA, MLB, NHL and USA Olympic Basketball. Creator of 24/7 RnR an FDA approved analgesic cream; a proprietary blend of the most potent materials resulting in the most effective product on the market for pain Relief and aiding Recovery. Founder of Accessible Wellness Solutions – an onsite corporate wellness program offering consulting, lectures and management of onsite clinics.
Leader in Chiropractic
Trustee of New York Chiropractic College for over 15 years serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board and given the honor or Board Emeritus post service. Awarded the highest recognitions in Chiropractic Medicine as Fellow of the American Chiropractic Colleges and Fellow of the International Chiropractic Colleges.
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
- Current Vice Chair of the Board to Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
- Reduced opioid prescriptions by 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
- Expert/Speaker – Educating medical community on the Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain
- Executive Medical Director – Nu-Life Solutions – maker of a neuromodulation device to treat pain, anxiety, depression, sleeplessness and withdrawals from opioid addiction
- Medical Advisor – Outreach Recovery – a group of expert clinicians and health care professionals who specialize in substance abuse and drug addiction treatment, mental health counseling, and psychiatric management. Largest addiction treatment group in the Mid-Atlantic region
Opioid Crisis Expert:
- White House Surrogate
- Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA and Postal)
- State and National Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
- Corporate and professional organization consultant
- Currently co-producing PSA music and cinema projects with the Russo Brothers (directors/producers of the Marvel Avenger films)
- Currently forming the Opioid Abuse Prevention Institute
- Founder of “Overdose Free America” a nonprofit which uses the power of celebrity and entertainment to bring the Opioid Crisis the visibility and support it deserves
- Co-Producer of “BACKBONE” The story of proactive healthcare vs. reactive disease care that was focused on our active and retired military. A documentary by Wellbeing Films
- Co-Producer of “It’s Happening Right Here” The story of how sex trafficking has infiltrated our country with almost no public awareness
- Volunteer at Crossroads Freedom Center – a residential facility in Maryland to help overcome addiction
- Board member – #Same Here Global Mental Health Movement – 501c3 dedicated to delivering resources and programing on better ways to treat mental health other than medication