Dr. John P. Rosa, opioid crisis expert, author and dynamic speaker calls for collective attention to the vulnerable youth and others struggling with mental health and drug addiction issues exacerbated by the COVID pandemic and provides professional studies and opinions that predict these issues will define an entire generation.
ROCKVILLE, MD. March 31, 2022: Dr. John Rosa, dynamic speaker, national opioid crises expert, and co-author of The Recipe for Success with Jack Canfield, posted a new article on his website entitled “How Will We Collectively Address The Growing Mental Health And Addiction Issues,” in which Dr. Rosa expresses a need for greater attention.
Dr. Rosa states, “Even though we may feel that it’s safe to venture out into the world again, as COVID-19 and its variants seem to be frittering out, the results of this global pandemic will be felt for a long time to come.” He continues, “Mental health issues are widespread, with the CDC revealing that “about 4 in 10 adults in the U.S. have reported symptoms of anxiety or depression compared to one in 10 adults who reported between January and June of 2019.” Experts around the world,” Dr. Rosa acknowledges, “are concerned for the young people growing up in the pandemic and post-pandemic environment.”
Dr. Rosa expresses concern “about how we, collectively are going to address and help those who are suffering now and those who are sure to suffer later in ways we cannot yet anticipate or imagine.”
According to Dr. Rosa, “In a recent article, “a consultant clinical psychologist in the U.K. working with adults and children, told CNBC that he believes it will take “at least a generation” to resolve the damage to many young people caused by missed milestones and experiences crucial for development.” He continues, “According to the consultant, Alex Desatnick, “Kids who grew up in this state, in this condition, and those things that they were deprived of, they will take this with them through life.” He adds, “I hope that as a society we will do as much as we can to compensate for what happened to them and is still happening.” https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/10/covid-pandemic-mental-health-damage-could-last-a-generation.html
As Dr. Rosa points out, “Many psychologists and psychiatrists have reported an inability to help the influx of people seeking mental health support during the pandemic. One psychologist working in New York said, “There’s definitely a huge mental health impact from a long period of uncertainty and change that’s left people very isolated and not sure how to connect. That created a big pressure cooker, especially for people who already have a vulnerability.”
Read the entire article at: link here
About John P. Rosa
Dr. John Rosa owns and supervises ABC Management, which is comprised of 21 integrative health clinics in Maryland and Virginia that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year. ABC Clinics combine medicine, chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and behavioral medicine to give a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to pain syndromes and musculoskeletal disorders. Active in sports medicine with consulting/treating college, professional and Olympic athletes. Founder of Accessible Wellness Solutions – an onsite corporate wellness program offering consulting, lectures and management of onsite clinics.
- Northeast College of Health Sciences – DC 1992
- Rutgers University – BS 1989
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
- Current Board Chair to Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Trustee of Northeast College of Health Sciences for over 15 years serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board and given the honor or Board Emeritus post service.
- Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
- Reduced opioid prescriptions up to 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
- Expert/Speaker – Educating medical community on the Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain
- Executive Medical Director – Nu-Life Solutions – maker of a neuromodulation devise to treat pain, anxiety, depression, sleeplessness and withdrawals form opioid addiction
- Medical Advisor – Outreach Recovery – a group of expert clinicians and health care professionals who specialize in substance abuse and drug addiction treatment, mental health counseling, and psychiatric management. Largest addiction treatment group in the Mid-Atlantic region
- Chief Science Officer – Get A-Head – a SaaS platform company that provides a telehealth application in training and delivery of mental health care while incorporating cutting-edge AI technologies
Opioid Crisis Expert:
- White House Surrogate/Consultant
- Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA, FDA, FBI and U.S. Postal)
- State, National, and International Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
- Corporate and professional organization consultant
- Currently working on PSA music and cinema projects with the Russo Brothers (directors/producers of the Marvel Avenger films)
Current Research and Publications:
- New-Life Solutions – Research medical director for “The H.O.P.E. Initiative for Addiction”
- Italian Chiropractic Association – Member of the Scientific Research Committee
- Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics
- “Changes in Opioid Therapy Use by an Interprofessional Primary Care Team: A Descriptive Study of Opioid Prescription Data” by John Rosa, DC and Jeanmarie R. Burke, PhD
- Published: April 17, 2021
- Founder of “Overdose Free America” a nonprofit which uses the power of celebrity and entertainment to bring the Opioid Crisis the visibility and support it deserves
- Lectures to community, corporations, universities and medical community on the opioid and mental health crises have reached over 100,000 people.
- Production of “BACKBONE” The story of proactive healthcare vs. reactive disease care that was focused on our active and retired military. A documentary by Wellbeing Films
- Co-Producer of “It’s Happening Right Here” The story of how sex trafficking has infiltrated our country with almost no public awareness
- Volunteer at Crossroads Freedom Center – a residential facility in Maryland to help overcome addiction
- Board member – #Same Here Global Mental Health Movement – 501c3 dedicated to delivering resources and programing on better ways to treat mental health other then medication