Dr. John P. Rosa, opioid crisis expert, author and dynamic speaker, looks into the unfortunate circumstances surrounding the birth of babies exposed to opioids along with the short and long-term effects on their brains.
ROCKVILLE, MD. July 25, 2019: Dr. John Rosa, dynamic speaker, national opioid crisis expert, and co-author of The Recipe for Success with Jack Canfield, posted a new blog on his website entitled, “What Happens To An Infant’s Brain On Opioids.” Dr. Rosa turns his attention and that of his readers to the innocent children affected by the opioid epidemic.
As Dr. Rosa states in reference to the title his blog, “This is not a question that should have to be asked.” He adds, “However, it is one that has had to be asked and studied and answered since 1991 when opioid deaths began to rise.”
As Dr. Rosa points out, “According to specialists, babies deprived of opioids after birth tend to be fussier, have gastrointestinal issues and difficulties feeding.” He further states, “They also suggest that children who experienced NAS as infants may struggle with communication and literacy. The big concern though is that the effects of NAS may never disappear. There is concern that adverse neurodevelopmental outcomes may be long-term.”
Read the entire blog at https://www.drjohnrosa.com/what-happens-to-an-infants-brain-on-opioids/
About Dr. John P. Rosa
Dr. Rosa is the Owner/manager of 14 health clinics in the Baltimore/Washington DC metro areas concentrating on musculoskeletal injuries of acute, subacute and chronic nature. He oversees the Integrative Medicine practice group which includes general medicine, Chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and behavioral medicine that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year.
Active in sports medicine with consulting/treating college, professional and Olympic athletes. Creator of 24/7 RnR (Relief and aiding Recovery) an FDA approved analgesic cream. Founder of Accessible Wellness Solutions – an onsite corporate wellness program offering consulting, lectures and clinic management.
Leader in Chiropractic
Trustee of New York Chiropractic College for over 15 years and serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board.
Opioid Crisis Expert:
- White House Surrogate/Consultant
- Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA and Postal)
- State and National Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
- Corporate and professional organization consultant
- Currently forming the Opioid Abuse Prevention Institute
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
- Board service to Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
- Reduced opioid prescriptions by 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and
- behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
- Expert/Speaker – educating primary care, urgent care and hospital medical staff on the
- Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain patients