Dr. John P. Rosa, opioid crisis expert, author and dynamic speaker writes about how isolation due to the COVID19 Pandemic is derailing efforts to help the people addicted to opioids who are currently in recovery and will no longer be able to get the help they need. For these people isolation could be a death sentence.
ROCKVILLE, MD. April 20, 2020: Owner of Accessible Beltway Clinics and opioid crises expert, Dr. John Rosa, posted a new blog on his website entitled, “The COVID-19 Pandemic Is Making The Opioid Addiction Epidemic Worse.” Dr. Rosa makes a plea for finding a way to help the millions of people addicted to opioids during this challenging time.
Dr. Rosa writes, “When a pandemic that requires people to self-isolate crashes headlong into an ongoing epidemic that is fueled by loneliness and isolation, things are going to get increasingly harmful.” He adds, “And that is exactly what is happening as the COVID-19 pandemic crosses paths with the opioid epidemic.”
“Isolation and loneliness have an overwhelming effect on people who are addicted to drugs and other substances,” says Dr. Rosa. He continues, “It has been shown that many people who feel more socially isolated are the ones who are more susceptible to mental health and substance abuse issues. And, it has been noted that addiction to drugs and alcohol may not just be an effect of isolation but also one of the causes of it.” As Dr. Rosa points out, “Anxiety and isolation will often be the cause of relapse for many who suffer, and it may be a calling to those who have never used to start now.”
Read the entire blog at https://www.drjohnrosa.com/the-covid19-pandemic-is-making-the-opioid-addiction-epidemic-worse/
About Dr. John Rosa:
Dr. John Rosa owns and supervises Accessible Beltway Clinics, which is comprised of 17 clinics in Maryland and Virginia that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year. ABC Clinics combine medicine, chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and behavioral medicine to give a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to pain syndromes and musculoskeletal disorders. Active in sports medicine with consulting/treating athletes in several universities, NBA, MLB, NHL and USA Olympic Basketball. Creator of 24/7 RnR an FDA approved analgesic cream; a proprietary blend of the most potent materials resulting in the most effective product on the market for pain Relief and aiding Recovery. Founder of Accessible Wellness Solutions – an onsite corporate wellness program offering consulting, lectures and management of onsite clinics.
Leader in Chiropractic:
Trustee of New York Chiropractic College for over 15 years serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board and given the honor or Board Emeritus post service. Awarded the highest recognitions in Chiropractic Medicine as Fellow of the American Chiropractic Colleges and Fellow of the International Chiropractic Colleges.
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
- Current Vice Chair of the Board to Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
- Reduced opioid prescriptions by 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
- Expert/Speaker – Educating medical community on the Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain
Opioid Crisis Expert:
- White House Surrogate
- Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA and Postal)
- State and National Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
- Corporate and Professional Organization Consultant
- Best-Selling Author®
- Board member of the National Italian American Foundation
- Founder of “Overdose Free America” a nonprofit 501c which uses the power of celebrity and entertainment to bring the Opioid Crisis the visibility and support it deserves