Dr. John P. Rosa, national opioid crisis expert, author and dynamic speaker, writes about the wave of mental health issues that has been building throughout the pandemic and how it is likely to cost even more lives during the upcoming stressful holiday season.
ROCKVILLE, MD. November 2, 2020: Owner of Accessible Beltway Clinics and opioid crises expert, Dr. John Rosa, posted a new blog on his website entitled, “The Holidays, The Winter Wave Of COVID-19, And A Wave Of Mental Health Issues,” in which Dr. Rosa reminds readers that everyone is under more duress than ever going into the holiday season.
Dr. Rosa writes, “I have been anticipating the wave of mental health issues that is growing and looming larger every day.” He continues, “I know, that as this article states, “It’s comforting to think that with precautions like physical distancing, proper masking and — hopefully — a future vaccine, the COVID-19 curve will flatten and, someday, end.” The article also points out that, “However, it’s essential to acknowledge that a second curve, the COVID mental health crisis curve, is already forming. That, too, will cost lives if we don’t make concerted efforts to treat it.”
“With the holidays coming,” Dr. Rosa says, adding, “which are already particularly stressful for many people, and the winter wave of COVID-19 already starting to take its toll, we must steel ourselves to follow protocols more strictly despite the stress.” He emphasizes, “We must all find ways to soothe ourselves for the long-term. We must weigh the real risks involved in going home for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Hannukah.” He asks, “Is it really worth the added stress to put your elder relatives at risk?” He goes on to say, “If we all play it safe, maybe next holiday season we can return to the closeness of shared meals with loved ones we haven’t seen in a long time.”
About John P. Rosa
Dr. John Rosa owns and supervises Accessible Beltway Clinics, which is comprised of 17 clinics in Maryland and Virginia that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year. ABC Clinics combine medicine, chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and behavioral medicine to give a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to pain syndromes and musculoskeletal disorders. Active in sports medicine with consulting/treating athletes in several universities, NBA, MLB, NHL and USA Olympic Basketball. Creator of 24/7 RnR an FDA approved analgesic cream; a proprietary blend of the most potent materials resulting in the most effective product on the market for pain Relief and aiding Recovery. Founder of Accessible Wellness Solutions – an onsite corporate wellness program offering consulting, lectures and management of onsite clinics.
Leader in Chiropractic
Trustee of New York Chiropractic College for over 15 years serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board and given the honor or Board Emeritus post service. Awarded the highest recognitions in Chiropractic Medicine as Fellow of the American Chiropractic Colleges and Fellow of the International Chiropractic Colleges.
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
- Current Vice Chair of the Board to Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
- Reduced opioid prescriptions by 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
- Expert/Speaker – Educating medical community on the Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain
Opioid Crisis Expert:
- White House Surrogate
- Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA and Postal)
- State and National Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
- Corporate and professional organization consultant
- Best selling author
- Board member of the National Italian American Foundation
- Founder of “Overdose Free America” a nonprofit 501c which uses the power of celebrity and entertainment to bring the Opioid Crisis the visibility and support it deserves
- Volunteer at Crossroads Freedom Center – a residential facility in Maryland to help overcome addiction