Dr. John P. Rosa, opioid crisis expert, author and dynamic speaker, reveals statistics that show that Americans are more likely to meet death as a result of an opioid overdose than from being involved in an automobile accident.
ROCKVILLE, MD. June 13, 2019: Dr. John Rosa, dynamic speaker, national opioid crises expert, and co-author of The Recipe for Success with Jack Canfield, posted a new blog on his website entitled, “Cars Are Less Deadly Than The Opioid Crisis.” Dr. Rosa tells readers that the only ones benefitting from this epidemic are “the unethical doctors who prescribe” opioids and “The Grim Reaper”.
Dr. Rosa starts his blog with the following statistic from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “From 1999-2017, almost 400,000 people died from overdoses involving an opioid, including prescription drugs, heroin, or synthetic drugs like fentanyl.” He goes on to say that, “As a nation, we used to be worried about getting into automobile accidents as the most common unnatural way to meet our Maker. But now opioids have taken the lead.”
“According to the New York Times,” says Dr. Rosa, “The opioid crisis in the United States has become so grim that Americans are now likelier to die of an overdose than in a vehicle crash. That’s according to a new report by the National Safety Council that analyzed the causes of preventable deaths in the country in 2017. The probability of dying from an opioid overdose, according to the report, is one in 96. The chances of dying in a vehicle crash? One in 103.” https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/14/us/opioids-car-crash-guns.html
Read the entire blog at https://www.drjohnrosa.com/cars-are-less-deadly-than-the-opioid-crisis/
About Dr. John P. Rosa
Dr. Rosa is the Owner/manager of 14 health clinics in the Baltimore/Washington DC metro areas concentrating on musculoskeletal injuries of acute, subacute and chronic nature. He oversees the Integrative Medicine practice group which includes general medicine, Chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and behavioral medicine that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year.
Active in sports medicine with consulting/treating college, professional and Olympic athletes. Creator of 24/7 RnR (Relief and aiding Recovery) an FDA approved analgesic cream. Founder of Accessible Wellness Solutions – an onsite corporate wellness program offering consulting, lectures and clinic management.
Leader in Chiropractic
Trustee of New York Chiropractic College for over 15 years and serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board.
Opioid Crisis Expert:
- White House Surrogate/Consultant
- Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA and Postal)
- State and National Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
- Corporate and professional organization consultant
- Currently forming the Opioid Abuse Prevention Institute
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
- Board service to Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
- Reduced opioid prescriptions by 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and
- behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
- Expert/Speaker – educating primary care, urgent care and hospital medical staff on the
- Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain patients