Dr. John P. Rosa, opioid crisis expert, author and dynamic speaker sums up his blog with the notion that the country has been hit with three epidemics simultaneously: COVID-19, the opioid epidemic, and the systemic epidemic of racism, inequality and injustice.
ROCKVILLE, MD. June 29, 2020: Owner of Accessible Beltway Clinics and opioid crises expert, Dr. John Rosa, posted a new blog on his website entitled, “Opioid Deaths Increasing Across The Country As Pandemic Continues.” Dr. Rosa suggest that the number of people using opioids may not be increasing, but opioid-related deaths are.
Dr. Rosa states, “It’s been 3 months since the U.S. went into shelter-in-place mode due to the global COVID-19 pandemic.” He adds, “My immediate concern was how those in recovery from opioid use would fare without being able to have face-to-face substance-abuse treatment. And, now, the numbers are beginning to surface.”
“According to a report from the American Medical Association,” says Dr. Rosa, “they are greatly concerned “by an increasing number of reports from national, state and local media suggesting increases in opioid-related mortality – particularly from illicitly manufactured fentanyl and fentanyl analogs. At least 30 states have reported increases in opioid-related mortality…” https://www.ama-assn.org/system/files/2020-06/issue-brief-increases-in-opioid-related-overdose.pdf
Dr. Rosa writes, “Another recent article out of Martinsburg, WV, reports that overdose deaths in the tri-state area are outpacing COVID-19 related deaths. In Erie County New York, health authorities report that there has not been an increase in opioid use locally since the pandemic, but because of social isolation, more people are using alone, making it less likely someone is around to help them in the event they overdose. And, Jacksonville, Florida has seen a 20% increase in overdose calls from February to March.”
Read the entire blog at https://www.drjohnrosa.com/opioid-deaths-increasing-across-the-country-as-pandemic-continues/
About John P. Rosa
Dr. John Rosa owns and supervises Accessible Beltway Clinics, which is comprised of 17 clinics in Maryland and Virginia that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year. ABC Clinics combine medicine, chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and behavioral medicine to give a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to pain syndromes and musculoskeletal disorders. Active in sports medicine with consulting/treating athletes in several universities, NBA, MLB, NHL and USA Olympic Basketball. Creator of 24/7 RnR an FDA approved analgesic cream; a proprietary blend of the most potent materials resulting in the most effective product on the market for pain Relief and aiding Recovery. Founder of Accessible Wellness Solutions – an onsite corporate wellness program offering consulting, lectures and management of onsite clinics.
Leader in Chiropractic
Trustee of New York Chiropractic College for over 15 years serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board and given the honor or Board Emeritus post service. Awarded the highest recognitions in Chiropractic Medicine as Fellow of the American Chiropractic Colleges and Fellow of the International Chiropractic Colleges.
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
- Current Vice Chair of the Board to Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
- Reduced opioid prescriptions by 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
- Expert/Speaker – Educating medical community on the Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain
Opioid Crisis Expert:
- White House Surrogate
- Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA and Postal)
- State and National Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
- Corporate and professional organization consultant
- Best selling author
- Board member of the National Italian American Foundation
- Founder of “Overdose Free America” a nonprofit 501c which uses the power of celebrity and entertainment to bring the Opioid Crisis the visibility and support it deserves
- Volunteer at Crossroads Freedom Center – a residential facility in Maryland to help overcome addiction