Dr. John P. Rosa, opioid crisis expert, author and dynamic speaker finds great hope for the improvement of mental health and well-being as well as reduced addictive behavior in the field that studies “thinking about thinking” otherwise known as metacognition.
ROCKVILLE, MD. November 19, 2021: Dr. John Rosa, dynamic speaker, national opioid crises expert, and co-author of The Recipe for Success with Jack Canfield, posted a new blog on his website entitled, “How The Field Of Metacognition May Lead To Improved Mental Health And Reduced Addictive Behavior.” Dr. Rosa reveals that the implications for positive benefits in the area of addiction are promising.
Dr. Rosa states, “I do believe that the human brain truly is the final frontier.” He elaborates, “The exploration of the brain is revealing more and more each year. It is understood that the brain is the most complicated organ in the human body. In fact, one writer put it this way, “The jelly-like tissue that is the brain is the most complicated object in the known universe. Its 100 billion nerve cells (nearly 20 times the number of people on earth), are each connected to thousands of other nerve cells in a bewilderingly complex network.” https://theconversation.com/understanding-the-brain-and-mind-sciences-final-frontier-18331\
“As complicated as the brain is,” Dr. Rosa writes,“I am sure it will engage scientists well into the distant future.” He goes on to add, “The above description is apt as I delve deeper into the emerging field of “metacognition.” I’ve been following the research on this topic for several years and I feel great hope as the implications for improving mental health and well-being continue to produce positive results.”
Read the entire blog at LINK HERE
About John P. Rosa
Dr. John Rosa owns and supervises Accessible Beltway Clinics, which is comprised of 17 clinics in Maryland and Virginia that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year. ABC Clinics combine medicine, chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and behavioral medicine to give a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to pain syndromes and musculoskeletal disorders. Active in sports medicine with consulting/treating athletes in several universities, NBA, MLB, NHL and USA Olympic Basketball. Creator of 24/7 RnR an FDA approved analgesic cream; a proprietary blend of the most potent materials resulting in the most effective product on the market for pain Relief and aiding Recovery. Founder of Accessible Wellness Solutions – an onsite corporate wellness program offering consulting, lectures and management of onsite clinics.
Leader in Chiropractic
Trustee of New York Chiropractic College for over 15 years serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board and given the honor or Board Emeritus post service. Awarded the highest recognitions in Chiropractic Medicine as Fellow of the American Chiropractic Colleges and Fellow of the International Chiropractic Colleges.
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
- Current Vice Chair of the Board to Maryland University of Integrative Health.
- Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center.
- Reduced opioid prescriptions by 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting.
- Expert/Speaker – Educating medical community on the Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain.
Opioid Crisis Expert:
- White House Surrogate.
- Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA and Postal).
- State and National Consultant to Opioid Task Forces.
- Corporate and professional organization consultant.
- Best selling author.
- Board member of the National Italian American Foundation.
- Founder of “Overdose Free America” a nonprofit 501c which uses the power of celebrity and entertainment to bring the Opioid Crisis the visibility and support it deserves.
- Volunteer at Crossroads Freedom Center – a residential facility in Maryland to help overcome addiction.