Dr. John P. Rosa, opioid crisis expert, author and dynamic speaker reminds readers that September is Drug-Free Pain Management Awareness Month and offers recent poll results regarding mental and physical pain along with alternative drug-free ways of managing pain.
ROCKVILLE, MD. September 9, 2022: Dr. John Rosa, dynamic speaker, national opioid crises expert, and co-author of The Recipe for Success with Jack Canfield, posted a new article on his website entitled “September is “Drug-Free Pain Management Awareness Month.” Dr. Rosa acknowledges that COVID-19 brought the association between mental and physical pain to greater awareness.
Dr. Rosa writes, “We didn’t see it coming, but we are feeling the full effect of its brute force: the collision of mental health and physical pain.” According to Dr. Rosa, “The healthcare community has been aware of the relationship between the two for quite some time. However, COVID-19 has broadened the public’s understanding of this association. What is becoming more apparent,” Dr. Rosa states, “is that it is counterproductive to treat one condition without treating the other. Unfortunately,” He adds, “there has been far too great an emphasis on the treatment of physical pain without considering the emotional/mental aspect of pain. This has resulted in the epidemic of opioid use and abuse that we find ourselves faced with as a society today.”
“During the month of September,” Dr. Rosa writes, “I would like to turn your attention to the benefits of drug-free pain management. This more holistic and healthy approach to pain management and relief is finally coming to the forefront as we are witnessing the devastating consequences of trying to solve our pain issues with pills and surgeries.”
Dr. Rosa notes, “In a very recent Harris Poll the results of which were released on July 26, 2022, it was discovered that, “Nearly half of U.S. adults (44%) report that they have experienced physical pain that they believe was worsened due to mental or emotional pain.” Additional findings show that women report worse physical pain than men do.”48% of women reported worse physical pain due to mental or emotional pain compared to only 39% of men. Women ages 35 to 44 most often reported the link (69%) while men ages 65 and older least often reported greater physical pain due to mental or emotional pain (17%).” The Harris Poll was conducted on behalf of the Foundation for Chiropractic Progress (F4CP), a nonprofit dedicated to informing and educating the general public about the value of drug-free chiropractic care.”
Read the entire article at: link here
About John P. Rosa
Dr. John Rosa owns and supervises ABC Management, which is comprised of 21 integrative health clinics in Maryland and Virginia that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year. ABC Clinics combine medicine, chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture, and behavioral medicine to give a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to pain syndromes and musculoskeletal disorders. Active in sports medicine with consulting/treating college, professional and Olympic athletes. Founder of Accessible Wellness Solutions – an onsite corporate wellness program offering consulting, lectures and management of onsite clinics.
- Northeast College of Health Sciences – DC 1992
- Rutgers University – BS 1989
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
- Current Board Chair to Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Trustee of Northeast College of Health Sciences for over 15 years serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board and given the honor or Board Emeritus post service.
- Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
- Reduced opioid prescriptions up to 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
- Expert/Speaker – Educating medical community on the Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain
- Executive Medical Director – Nu-Life Solutions – maker of a neuromodulation devise to treat pain, anxiety, depression, sleeplessness and withdrawals form opioid addiction
- Medical Advisor – Outreach Recovery – a group of expert clinicians and health care professionals who specialize in substance abuse and drug addiction treatment, mental health counseling, and psychiatric management. Largest addiction treatment group in the Mid-Atlantic region
- Chief Science Officer – Get A-Head – a SaaS platform company that provides a telehealth application in training and delivery of mental health care while incorporating cutting-edge AI technologies
Opioid Crisis Expert:
- White House Surrogate/Consultant
- Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA, FDA, FBI and U.S. Postal)
- State, National, and International Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
- Corporate and professional organization consultant
- Currently working on PSA music and cinema projects with the Russo Brothers (directors/producers of the Marvel Avenger films)
Current Research and Publications:
- New-Life Solutions – Research medical director for “The H.O.P.E. Initiative for Addiction”
- Italian Chiropractic Association – Member of the Scientific Research Committee
- Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics
- “Changes in Opioid Therapy Use by an Interprofessional Primary Care Team: A Descriptive Study of Opioid Prescription Data” by John Rosa, DC and Jeanmarie R. Burke, PhD
- Published: April 17, 2021
- Founder of “Overdose Free America” a nonprofit which uses the power of celebrity and entertainment to bring the Opioid Crisis the visibility and support it deserves
- Lectures to community, corporations, universities and medical community on the opioid and mental health crises have reached over 100,000 people.
- Production of “BACKBONE” The story of proactive healthcare vs. reactive disease care that was focused on our active and retired military. A documentary by Wellbeing Films
- Co-Producer of “It’s Happening Right Here” The story of how sex trafficking has infiltrated our country with almost no public awareness
- Volunteer at Crossroads Freedom Center – a residential facility in Maryland to help overcome addiction
- Board member – #Same Here Global Mental Health Movement – 501c3 dedicated to delivering resources and programing on better ways to treat mental health other then medication