Talks About His Recently Published Peer Reviewed Study That May Change Opioid Therapy.
Dr. John P. Rosa, opioid crisis expert, author and dynamic speaker writes about his peer reviewed study co-authored with Dr. Jeanmarie Burke which describes how opioid-therapy prescription rates changed after a family medicine practice included on-site chiropractic services.
ROCKVILLE, MD. May 21, 2021: Dr. John Rosa, dynamic speaker, national opioid crises expert, and co-author of The Recipe for Success with Jack Canfield, posted a new blog on his website entitled, “Providing An Integrative Approach To Pain Treatment May Reduce Opioid Use,” in which Dr. Rosa encourages integrative medicine providers to make use of the study as a tool to curb opioid prescription and use.
Dr. Rosa states, “Treating pain with highly addictive drugs is not my idea of conscientious healthcare.” He continues, “As a chiropractor, I am a proponent of pill-free and non-surgical pain management. Integrating a traditional medical practice with chiropractic care is not yet widely accepted. However, strides are being made in that direction.”
“I have been working tirelessly to make this kind of teamwork more mainstream,” Dr. Rosa writes adding, “which is why I have been working together with Dr. Jeanmarie Burke writing, Changes in Opioid Therapy Use by an Interprofessional Primary Care Team: A Descriptive Study of Opioid Prescription Data, which was recently published in The Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics (JMPT).” He further explains, “The JMPT is an international and interdisciplinary journal dedicated to the advancement of conservative health care principles and practices. As the premier biomedical publication in the chiropractic profession, the JMPTpublishes peer-reviewed, research articles and the Journal’s editorial board includes leading researchers from around the world.”
About John P. Rosa
Dr. John Rosa owns and supervises Accessible Beltway Clinics, which is comprised of 17 clinics in Maryland and Virginia that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year. ABC Clinics combine medicine, chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and behavioral medicine to give a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to pain syndromes and musculoskeletal disorders. Active in sports medicine with consulting/treating athletes in several universities, NBA, MLB, NHL and USA Olympic Basketball. Creator of 24/7 RnR an FDA approved analgesic cream; a proprietary blend of the most potent materials resulting in the most effective product on the market for pain Relief and aiding Recovery. Founder of Accessible Wellness Solutions – an onsite corporate wellness program offering consulting, lectures and management of onsite clinics.
Leader in Chiropractic
Trustee of New York Chiropractic College for over 15 years serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board and given the honor or Board Emeritus post service. Awarded the highest recognitions in Chiropractic Medicine as Fellow of the American Chiropractic Colleges and Fellow of the International Chiropractic Colleges.
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
- Current Vice Chair of the Board to Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
- Reduced opioid prescriptions by 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
- Expert/Speaker – Educating medical community on the Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain
Opioid Crisis Expert:
- White House Surrogate
- Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA and Postal)
- State and National Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
- Corporate and professional organization consultant
- Best selling author
- Board member of the National Italian American Foundation
- Founder of “Overdose Free America” a nonprofit 501c which uses the power of celebrity and entertainment to bring the Opioid Crisis the visibility and support it deserves
- Volunteer at Crossroads Freedom Center – a residential facility in Maryland to help overcome addiction