Dr. John P. Rosa, opioid crisis expert and owner of Accessible Beltway Clinics, reminds readers that the opioid crisis is not slowing down and strongly urges those in pain to ask their doctors to prescribe non-drug methods for pain relief.
ROCKVILLE, MD. February 21, 2019: Owner of Accessible Beltway Clinics and opioid crises expert, Dr. John Rosa, posted a new blog on his website entitled, “Ask For A Drug-Free Prescription For Pain Relief,” in which Dr. Rosa tells readers there’s only one way to end to opioid epidemic.
Dr. Rosa points out the fact that, “No one wants to live with chronic pain.” He emphasizes, “The costs are too great. From sleeplessness to irritability to interfering with one’s work, pain can wreak havoc.” He continues, “But, taking a doctor prescribed pill that relieves pain often leads to even more detrimental effects.”
“The pills doctors prescribe for pain relief are killing people every single day,” says Dr. Rosa. He adds, “They are causing otherwise normal, law-abiding people to become drug dependent. In order to keep up with built up tolerance to drug levels, we see people turn to lying and stealing to afford the addiction.”
As Dr. Rosa reminds readers, “This country is in the midst of an opioid epidemic that shows no signs of slowing down. The only way it can be stopped is if people become aware of the problem and refuse to accept prescriptions for pain relief that come in pill form.” “Instead,” he sas, “insist that your doctor give you a drug-free prescription for pain relief.”
Read the entire blog at http://www.drjohnrosa.com/ask-for-a-drug-free-prescription-for-pain-relief/
About John P. Rosa
Dr. Rosa is the Owner/manager of 14 health clinics in the Baltimore/Washington DC metro areas concentrating on musculoskeletal injuries of acute, subacute and chronic nature. He oversees the Integrative Medicine practice group which includes general medicine, Chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and behavioral medicine that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year.
Active in sports medicine with consulting/treating college, professional and Olympic athletes. Creator of 24/7 RnR (Relief and aiding Recovery) an FDA approved analgesic cream. Founder of Accessible Wellness Solutions – an onsite corporate wellness program offering consulting, lectures and clinic management.
Leader in Chiropractic
Trustee of New York Chiropractic College for over 15 years and serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board.
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
- Board service to Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
- Reduced opioid prescriptions by 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
- Expert/Speaker – educating primary care, urgent care and hospital medical staff on the Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain patients
Opioid Crisis Expert:
- White House Surrogate/Consultant
- Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA and Postal)
- State and National Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
- Corporate and professional organization consultant
- Currently forming the Opioid Abuse Prevention Institute
- Board member of the National Italian American Foundation
- Volunteer at Crossroads Freedom Center – a residential facility in Maryland to help overcome addiction